The David Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies Brazil Post-Graduation Fellowship provides a one-year professional exchange experience through a position with Harvard University’s Brazil Office in São Paulo.
Established in 2006, the Brazil Office expands research, teaching and learning opportunities for Harvard faculty and students across the University. Our approach is collaborative in nature, seeking to connect leading thinkers at Harvard with their counterparts in Brazil. Ongoing programs and initiatives focus on cities, inequality, child development, education, environment, health, mentoring and language acquisition.
The Post-Graduation Fellow will have the opportunity to immerse his or herself in Brazil’s largest city and cultural hub; gain a deeper understanding of some of the most pressing contemporary challenges facing Brazilian society; contribute to research, programs and events that aim to address such challenges; and leverage ties with Harvard to help the University build a vibrant intellectual network in Brazil.
Opportunities for involvement in projects are flexible and take into account the interests and background of the potential fellow.
For more information about the DRCLAS Brazil Office see: http://brazil.drclas.harvard.edu/
- Monthly stipend compatible with living and personal expenses
- Harvard students and recent graduates
- Advanced Portuguese and previous contact with Brazil
- Availability to start in June-July 2019 and spend one year in São Paulo
APPLICATION COMPONENTS: Apply via the online application form
- Personal Statement (500-750 words)
- Description of previous contact with Brazil (200-500 words)
- Resume – upload via online application form
- Student Transcript – upload via online application form
- Letter of Recommendation – email to firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications to the 2019-2020 Fellowship have closed