The David Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies Brazil Post-Graduation Fellowship provides a one-year purposeful travel and professional exploration experience through a position with Harvard University’s Brazil Office in São Paulo.
Established in 2006, the Brazil Office expands research, teaching and learning opportunities for Harvard faculty and students across the University. Our approach is collaborative in nature, seeking to connect leading thinkers at Harvard with their counterparts in Brazil. Ongoing programs and initiatives focus on cities, child development, education, environment, health, mentoring and language acquisition.
The Post-Graduation Fellow will have the opportunity to immerse his or herself in Brazil’s largest city and cultural hub; gain a deeper understanding of some of the most pressing contemporary challenges facing Brazilian society; contribute to research, programs and events that aim to address such challenges; and leverage ties with Harvard to help the University build a vibrant intellectual network in Brazil.
For more information about the DRCLAS Brazil Office see: http://brazil.drclas.harvard.edu/
- Monthly stipend compatible with living and personal expenses
- Current Harvard students that will graduate in May 2017
- Advanced Portuguese and previous contact with Brazil
- Availability to start in June-July 2017 and spend one year in São Paulo
APPLICATION COMPONENTS: Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “2017-2018 Post-Graduation Fellowship” in the subject line.
- Personal Statement (500-750 words)
- Description of previous contact with Brazil (200-500 words)
- Student Transcript
- Letter of Recommendation
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 10, 2017